The 2020 Arizona Distracted Driving Summit was a HUGE success!
Posted: Jan 27, 2020
The 2020 Annual Arizona Distracted Driving Summit is over! Thank you to everyone that attended, helped volunteer part of their time, or spread word through social media. It was an AWESOME public service and GA event for the entire community.
Here are some facts about this year’s event:
- We were able to specifically facilitate attendance of 5 different schools with nearly 200 kiddos… This does not even include all those kiddos and people which come to the capital for a visit and then come to engage at the Summit.
- Of the 500 box lunches we provided we only have about 2 dozen left over…
- We had more than 40 different vendor tables and activities
- We had pre-summit coverage from several media partners including Hubbard Radio and IHeart Radio, Lamar Advertising, ABC 15 Arizona.
- We had day of the event coverage from more than 12 different media outlets… links below.
- We raised (and spent) more than $16,000, all used to facilitate the Drive Smart Arizona/ Annual Arizona Distracted Driving Summit message.
- We provided “door prize to encourage public to remain including 2 NASCA Vintage Jackets and 4 Tickets to the spring 2020 NASCAR race at Phoenix Raceway.
- We received our third Arizona Governors Proclamation for an Arizona Distracted Driving Awareness Week to coincide with the Summit.
- We hosted a huge mock vehicle crash/rescue simulation at the “foot” of the Arizona State Capital.
- We worked with three separate jurisdictions to shut down the entire road in front of the Capital for the event and restricted all vehicle traffic during the simulation.