Health and Safety Coach
Full Time Technical
Gilbert, AZ, US
4 days ago Requisition ID: 1078APPLY
As a privately held family enterprise, Silent-Aire has been designing and manufacturing Custom HVAC and CRAC systems for over 20 years. We specialize in the Healthcare, Industrial and Data Center markets.
Silent-Aiire is seeking to fill the role of Health and Safety Coach, 1st Shfit to provides guidance and assistance to the shop floor employees, supervisors and managers within all departments of the organization. This position shall be responsible for promoting a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors, customers and visitors. The Safety Coach will implement plans based on recent safety audit results and will ensure that our Health and Safety management system is implemented to meet legislation requirements. Responsibilities will include training employees in health and safety management best practices, assisting with hazard identification and control, development of safe work procedures, identifying, developing and delivering safety training, providing day-to-day guidance and expert advice.
• Demonstrates leadership and provides direction to line management regarding the development and implementation of the organizations health and safety management system.
• Provides on floor guidance and mentorship to line management regarding safe work practices and behaviors.
• Completion of Hazard and Risk Assessments.
• Incident investigation management including the identification of Root Cause Analysis and the suggestion of Corrective and Preventative actions.
• Management of occupational injury claims including return to work planning.
• Management OSHA 300-300A logs.
• Performs audits on the organizations Health and Safety Management System
• Maintains records of employee safety training, and the efficacy of the programs.
• Plan, organize, implement, oversee, and provide technical assistance for projects to resolve safety issues and reduce the risk of injury and occupational illness.
• Keep abreast of latest development in the field of OSHA management systems by reviewing of technical publications, attending technical conferences or professional society meetings, and discussion with industry representatives.
• Provide technical health and safety informational support for employees and management.
• Identify company safety issues and create appropriate solutions.
• Coordinate with management/Human Resources to ensure that unsafe employee behavior is corrected.
• Work with new products and procedures to identify potential issues and ensure ongoing safety.
• Circulate health and safety awareness materials.
• Communication is primarily internal to the USA management team, hourly workforce and front office staff but also includes regular communication with the Canadian Operations team and Global Health and Safety Manager.
• External contacts potentially include representing Silent-Aire with auditors and regulatory representatives, customers and vendors
• Industrial plant environment on shop floor at least 75% of time.
• Travel as necessary.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Health and Safety or equivalent education and experience required.
• A professional designation such as (CSP, CRSP, CHSO, NCSO or CHSC) would be an asset
• OSHA 500 and 501 Certified would be an asset.
• Must have 5+ years of related Health and Safety work experience.
• State Driver’s License required.
• Strong knowledge of current OSHA Laws and Regulations.
• Strong knowledge of state Environmental Laws and Regulations.
• Familiar with ISO 14001 and OSHA 18001
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
• Effective people skills, including negotiation and influence without authority.
• Experience in the gathering and compilation of Health and Safety data, and repot preparation.
• Inductive reasoning to create workplace safety resolutions.
• Ability to write company policies and procedures.
• Ability to identify developmental needs of employees and to provide coaching, mentoring, and other help.
• Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to safety.
• Politically and culturally sensitive.
• Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, local and government safety agencies.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
• Professional appearance and manners.
- Health, dental, vision, Insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off/Sick time off
Trulite Glass and Aluminum Solutions, one of North America’s largest architectural glass and aluminum fabricators and distributors, has an immediate opening for a Safety/Quality Technician at its Phoenix, AZ location. Safety experience is required, but Trulite will train on the Quality requirements of the position. Quality experience is not necessary, but preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for managing the Environmental, Health, and Safety programs related to OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory agencies for the entire plant location. Individual will be tasked with working hand in hand with the plant management to develop and deliver plant safety reports and statistics, and provide leadership and development regarding environmental health and safety matters. Maintenance of reporting structures per OSHA and company standards will also be a major part of job duties, this includes but is not limited to: maintaining of records, development of recordable incident investigation and information for corporate conference calls, development of corrective action plans to prevent reoccurring problems, etc. Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Directs the organization’s safety programs to protect employees and maintain safe working conditions. Facilitates monthly safety committee meeting and develops weekly toolbox talks and monthly safety trainings per OSHA and company’s yearly training structure.
- Formulates and suggests work safety standards.
- Risk prevention areas include hazardous materials exposure, accidents, ergonomic concerns, and other unsafe conditions.
- Meets compliance and reporting requirements of federal or state regulations.
- Performs New Hire Safety Orientations and other safety training and maintains appropriate records.
- Assists with investigations of incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health.
- Assists with risk assessments and site inspections. Coordinates yearly OSHA audits with state and corporate partners.
- Works with management and maintenance to ensure equipment is installed correctly/safely as well as assists with ensuring maintenance of equipment is up to date and scheduled accordingly.
- Writes internal health and safety policies/strategies for the branch as well as delivers branch specific and corporate policy to employees.
- Keeps all environmental tasks up to date per state, federal, and company standards. Applies for permits and does necessary inspections/tests per branch environmental plans. Updates share point site to status of environmental compliance.
- Schedules and ensures yearly emergency action plan drills are scheduled and completed.
- Evaluates and coordinates purchasing of personal protection equipment.
- Coordinates the plant’s safety shoe and prescription eyewear program.
- Continues efforts towards INSHARP and VIPP Certifications for the branch.
The Quality Coordinator r is responsible for conducting testing procedures during fabrication processes to ensure that products comply with branch and ASTM quality standards. Responsibilities for this position include but aren’t limited to:
- Training production staff on quality standards and ensure proper tests and paperwork are completed to meet corporate and ASTM standards.
- Assists management with renewal of all product certifications and organization of record management.
- Implements argon testing procedures in preparation for certification.
- Develops and coordinates layered process audit system for management in compliance with corporate standards.
- Works with management and customer service staff on returned goods from customers and root cause analysis of problems identified.
- Ensures compliance with an internal quality control and process improvement system.
- Communicates internally and externally on any customer quality issues which arise.
- Investigates problems and assist in the development of error proofing. Defines, analyzes, and implements process changes which are permanent.
- Contributes to problem solving and correction action plans.
- B.S. Degree in Safety or equivalent or five years’ experience as a safety professional or a combination of both.
- OSHA 30 preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player.
- Must be able to train other employees effectively.
- Experience working with quality systems is preferred.
Trulite provides an excellent benefit package, including healthcare, dental, and prescription insurances; paid holidays, vacation, and others.
Amazon Fulfillment is seeking a full-time WHS Specialist (WHSS) to serve as a designated for their assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global Program as directed by the leadership. The WHSS promotes a positive culture while complying with Amazon standards and maintaining a safe work environment. This includes conducting trainings and coaching associates on observed work habits.
The WHSS is required to maintain accurate, weekly, and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems. The WHSS supports management’s efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate Program expectations and applicable federal & state laws. The WHSS also conducts assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. In addition, the WHSS is responsible for recommending appropriate mitigation measures to management, including ergonomics.
*Relocation assistance is not provided*
· Identify and inform management of compliance issues, risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of , weekly, and monthly audits
· Facilitate investigation process
· Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon and OSHA regulations
· Enter Information in internal database in a timely manner
· Perform observations & audits
· Train and assist others (Area Managers, team members, etc.) to complete their responsibilities (Audits, Follow Rules, etc.)
· Perform specific training as required by the Manager
· May have additional responsibility for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, or other related activities depending on the business unit and location
· Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Ability to communicate and needs to all levels of the organization
· Calm demeanor in situations
· Minimum of 1 years in an Environmental & (EHS) related field or bachelor’s degree in related field
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
· Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel in a professional capacity · Experience maintaining confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues in the work place
· Available to work flexible shifts including days, nights and/or weekends
· Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a related field
· Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment, and customer focus skills
· Experience leading and managing a team Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential concerns and conduct job hazard and job analyses
· Experienced in response and currently holds and certificates Experience in Worker’s case management
· Passion for
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
KBR Manufacturing will be hiring a few safety people to support new respirator assembly plants.