Environmental Health and Safety Consultant
Posted: Sep 23, 2018
Phoenix, AZ, AZ • South Central District
Are you looking for an established and dynamic company where you can make an impact on the business and be recognized for your efforts? Do you align with our core values of Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Respectful, and Teamwork? Are you looking for a company with an impressive client retention rate of 95%? Do you enjoy the empowerment of managing your own schedule? Do you appreciate the solitary time of getting behind the wheel and driving between client visits? If you have a professional, likable, persuasive, and customer service-oriented demeanor; a unique ability to build rapport and maintain relationships; an eye for compliance; and expertise in the area of Environmental, Health & Safety, KPA’s Risk Management Consultant position may be the perfect fit for you!
KPA LLC (www.kpaonline.com), based in Lafayette, CO was founded in 1986. KPA is a private equity-backed, profitable company with over 6,800 clients across North America. KPA delivers Environmental Health & Safety, Risk Management, HR Management, and Sales & Finance Compliance programs. These effective solutions help clients achieve regulatory compliance, control risk, protect their assets, and effectively manage people through a combination of intuitive software, interactive training, and onsite compliance audit services. KPA’s clients can be found in the automotive dealership, insurance broker, light industrial, warehouse and distribution food and beverage, and manufacturing industries.
KPA has the advantage of 30 years of successive profitability while having the backing of strong investors to create an entrepreneurial atmosphere built for growth.
KPA has a major focus on core values and company culture to attract, retain and engage its 260 outstanding teammates which, in turn, drives our industry-leading 95% client retention.
KPA is known as the “trusted partner” with best-in-class professional consulting to complement its premium SaaS solutions, providing high value to its clients and in turn, driving unparalleled client retention.
As a member of the Risk Management team, the EHS Risk Management Consultant will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients to establish and demonstrate exceptional industry and regulatory knowledge through onsite field audits, employee trainings, and regulatory interaction. The objective of an EHS Risk Management Consultant is to minimize risk to increase profitability for the client. This position develops and maintains relationships with district clients, potential clients, dealer group management, and state dealer associations. A professional, likable, persuasive, and customer service-oriented demeanor is essential for success.
In the first 30 days you will:
• Inherit a customer service base and immediately establish relationships with Mangers and Management teams across many different businesses
In the first 60 days you will:
• Complete new hire orientation training to be fully operational as a KPA Risk Management Consultant
In the first 6 months you will:
• Establish and demonstrate exceptional industry and regulatory knowledge through onsite field audits, employee training, and regulatory interaction
• Organize a quarterly visit schedule to maximize travel efficiency based on local and distant client groupings and service frequency
• Assist with and/or prepare various compliance documentation as needed (i.e., Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Tier II reporting, OSHA 300 logs, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ID numbers, tank permitting, and Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans)
By the end of the first year you will:
• Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring accident prevention programs, policies, and procedures to ensure continuous safe working conditions in accordance with State, Federal, and Local laws and regulations to assist the client in striving to achieve Zero Accident / lost time injuries
• Help communicate and implement environmental management compliance systems
• Support the ongoing growth of the company by performing exceptional customer service, documenting and submitting 20 referrals or sales leads per year to your area Account Executive
• Responsible for promoting productive relationships with dealer group management for KPA clients and State Dealer Association Management. Maintains effective internal and external public relations
Performs other duties and fulfills other responsibilities, as assigned.
As an EHS Risk Management Consultant, you are expected to develop and maintain internal and external relationships with:
• District Manager, District Supervisor, staff colleagues, and other members of KPA management team
• District clients, potential clients, dealer group management and state dealer associations
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science/Engineering, Safety Studies or related disciplines preferred
• Bilingual a plus
• Minimum of three years of Environmental Health & Safety experience preferred
• Must have the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Ability to speak publicly, in forums of 300 audience members at times.
• Ability to seek out and communicate effectively with senior management and stakeholders at our client organizations.
• Proven background in building and working with collaborative teams
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and effectively and professionally deal with customers and external contacts to the Company
• Strong leadership and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently
• Strong computer skills, including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, Microsoft Outlook, and phone/tablet applications
• Must have the ability to travel overnight
• Ability to drive between client visits up to 4 days per week. Driving time per day varies according to geography and scheduling.
• Ability to stay overnight in a hotel several times throughout the year
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
• Ability to stand on feet a minimum of 6 hours per day
This position reports to the District Supervisor and works with a team consisting of 8-11 consultants. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Location: Employee’s home office.