3rd Quarter Construction Section Technical Meeting
- 3qtr Construction Section Meeting
October 9, 2020
7:00 am - 8:00 am
Join us for the AZASSP Construction Section Technical Meeting. This year’s first quarterly meeting will feature AZASSP Government Affairs Committee Chair – Jeremy Bethancourt, former National ASSP Safety Professional of the Year, 2017!
Mr. Bethancourt’s topic is: Residential Fall Protection – Anyone can cook!
- Compliance with the intent of the OSHA standards verses potential non-compliance with ANSI standards does not mean failure where workers go home safe.
- When it comes to worker fall protection we either pass (worker safe) or we fail (worker hurt or killed). There is NO in between…
- Safety professionals and supervisors will learn how they can successfully ensure worker use fall protection whenever they are exposed to hazards from height.
- Learn ways to improve your perspective on worker engagement and the important role supervisors play in a successful fall protection and safety management program.
Jeremy Bethancourt, CHST, is a Safety Engineering Consultant at Augspurger Komm Engineering, Inc. and Safety Director at LeBlanc Building Co., Inc. He has more than 20 years of experience in occupational safety and health, and specializes in construction safety, fall protection, industrial hygiene, safety training, and management of change. Jeremy served as a member and public representative on OSHA’s Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health, and is currently program director for the Arizona Construction Training Alliance. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Justice Administration from Arizona State University.
This webinar will be hosted through WebEx. Registration for the event will not automatically send you the meeting invitation details. We will send those invites Monday and Thursday evenings the week of the meeting for those individuals that have registered on this website. We encourage you to log in to the meeting 5 to 10 minutes early to familiarize yourself with the functionality and ensure the meeting properly loads on your computer. For navigating the WebEx interface, please view this reference guide.
We have not and are not charging a fee for our monthly webinars. The money gained from our monthly technical meetings is added to our student scholarship funds. We have added a ticket in $5 increments to this and future meetings for donating to our student scholarship fund. Our students would greatly appreciate any contributions you can make!