Sr Risk Management Loss Control Consultant
Senior Risk Management/Loss Control Consultant
Location: Richmond, VA
General Placement Service has partnered with a specialty insurance company focused on the construction & manufacturing fields. They are looking for a Senior Risk Management Consultant/Loss Control Consultant to work remotely from the Richmond area. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to prioritize and build strong client relationships. This is for an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, with more than $835 million in Direct Written Premium and $937 million in surplus.
Position Summary: Performs insurance loss control surveys on complex risk, to attain policy holder risk improvement through reduction of safety hazards.
- Execute consultative loss control surveys at policyholders’ premises and develop loss prevention program recommendations based on observations made during the
- Collaborate with underwriters to provide loss control risk recommendations and participate with underwriting and claims in complex risk new business acquisition and account
- Conduct training sessions for the policyholder in loss prevention
- Promote markets and otherwise advances the Company through relationships with their exclusive or dedicated agency and their
- Serve as a trusted advisor to assigned agent(s) on loss control
- Mentor and train other loss control
- Bachelor’s degree in safety/risk management preferred or equivalent work-related
- 5 years of experience in safety, risk management, loss control or risk engineering
- Travel includes up to 3-4 overnights per month covering, primarily VA and the Washington, DC
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external
- Ability to work effectively with minimal
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office
- Construction, healthcare or manufacturing expertise
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving
- CSP, ARM or CHSM designation
Please contact Jason Zelenak for more information.