Senior Loss Control Consultant – Farmers Insurance
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
- This is a virtual based position. Must live in the greater Phoenix Metropolitan area.
- Company Car will be provided.
- Territory consists of Arizona with a few trips to El Paso or New Mexico per year. The majority of business will be in the Phoenix (75%) and Tucson area (10-15%).
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Responsible for overall account management aspects for large service oriented business; provides loss control expertise and support in the areas of marketing research, risk selection, and solicitation of desirable classes of business within the Zonal environment; provides technical recommendations regarding account selection and criteria for risk quality; works directly with customers and agents to retain accounts and improve results; may have lead responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides service on large accounts (i.e. accounts with multiple locations or multiple operations); manages relationship with these accounts across Zones and determines corporate service needs; identifies loss trends.
- Coordinate and monitor delivery and costs of various services to accounts.
- Communicate information on accounts to all locations, including corporate office.
- Develops report formats/loss control tools appropriate for account; prepares and communicates comprehensive account information to insured corporate level and management team. Helps develop service intensive groups.
- Designs, develops, organizes and conducts training and staff development programs for internal and external customers.
- Attends and participates in business meetings.
- Participates in joint calls with underwriting to agents and customers. Completes research and support for programs from HO as requested.
- Acts as resource for other staff members. Perform other functions as assigned.
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions. Some exposure to some or all of the following when visiting accounts: uncontrolled outside environmental conditions, excessive noise levels, chemicals, moving mechanical parts, areas considered to be dangerous, conditions which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, gases, oils or poor ventilation.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree, internship, education and/or designations in a safety discipline preferred.
7-10 years loss control or risk management experience required. Minimum of 2 years insurance experience and insurance coverage knowledge preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
Strong verbal communication and listening skills. Ability to communicate abstract ideas to agents, customers, underwriters, district managers, state executives and all other levels of leadership. Possesses strong technical aptitude. Working knowledge of software application programs for service-oriented account management. Proficient in application of engineering and science technology relating to surveys and underwriting concerns. Experience in a regulated environment. Competent in applicable local, state and federal codes and standards; (i.e., fire, building, OSHA, life safety, Product Safety Commission, etc.). Effective interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong customer relationships. Effective negotiation skills.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 01/06/2020