Safety Specialist – Johnson Utilities EPCOR
Health & Safety Specialist
Headquartered in Phoenix, EPCOR USA owns, operates and builds water, wastewater and natural gas infrastructure and is among the largest private water utilities in the Southwest and the largest private, regulated utility in Arizona and New Mexico. Today, EPCOR USA provides service to more than 360,000 people in 37 communities and 15 counties across three states. In addition to delivering regulated water and wastewater service to more than 350,000 people in Arizona and New Mexico and wholesale water services to municipalities in the Austin metropolitan area, EPCOR USA delivers natural gas service to customers north of the Houston metropolitan area. EPCOR USA is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of EPCOR Utilities Inc.
We are recruiting for an exceptional Specialist, Health & Safety to work at Johnson Utilities in San Tan Valley. This individual will serve as the health & safety resource for day-to-day safety programs and activities for utility operations and educational programs, that enhance the safety and health of EPCOR and Johnson Utilities employees.
- Serve as the onsite health and safety resource for daily utility operations and activities.
- Identify potential hazards and make appropriate recommendations.
- Inspect and audit residential and commercial project sites, warehouses, offices, vehicles, equipment, and work practices to ensure internal and external (OSHA) compliance.
- Oversee the investigation and corrective action process of incidents, and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities.
- Perform onsite safety training as required by Safety Manager.
- Plan, develop, and deliver educational training programs that help grow and improve the safety process within EPCOR and reduce accidents and injuries.
- Stay current on federal, state, and local OSHA, DOT and other safety regulations.
- Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion.
- May have additional responsibility for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, or other safety related activities depending on the business unit and location.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of full-time health & safety experience. Utility operations experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of health & safety principles, procedures, practices and techniques.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Experience conducting safety audits, Job Hazard Assessments, injury & incident investigations.
- Safety certifications a plus.
- Ability to present information and respond to inquiries from management and employees of all levels.
- Highly dependable, calm demeanor in emergency situations & high level of emotional intelligence.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
EPCOR USA offers extremely competitive salaries, an incentive award program, and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision and other insurance coverage, generous time-off schedules, training opportunities, tuition reimbursement, and certification support. We’ve been voted as a Best Places to Work employer and we value the safety of each of our team members through our robust safety training and celebration of safety milestones.
To learn more about us and apply for this position, visit our website: www.epcor.com. Be sure to attach your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.