C & S Sweeping Services, Inc.
C & S Sweeping Services, Inc. founded in 1979 in Cleveland, Ohio has developed and maintained a solid reputation for providing the highest quality and service within the commercial power sweeping industry in Ohio, Arizona and Colorado. We provide our clients with a comprehensive range of power and regenerative air sweeping, dust control, pressurized roadway, roto milling and trucking services which include environments such as; highways, residential roadway, subdivision streets, and lot crusting, new construction projects, airports, renovation projects, factories, and, commercial parking lots.
It is our company objective to firmly establish and maintain our relationship with our current clients based on our commitment to the quality of service we provide.
C & S Sweeping Services, Inc. is growing, and we are currently seeking our first dedicated Safety Officer. This newly created Safety Officer role will handle a variety of responsibilities and ensure all aspects of compliance and will require knowledge of building a safety program from the ground up.
The Safety Officer will:
- Research, inspect, test and evaluate the workplace environment, equipment, and practices to ensure that all safety standards and government regulations such as; DOT, FMCSA, and OSHA are properly enforced.
- Conduct accident investigations, complete documentation, analysis, reports and recommendations as well as all safety training, coaching, drills and exercises including toolbox meetings for the proper use of equipment and driver safety.
- Build and maintain company safety files, records, and logs including, DOT, FMCSA, OSHA.
- Design and implement workplace processes and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Three years’ experience in Safety Transportation and any of the following:
- Degree in Safety Engineering
- Degree in Safety Management
- Must have three years of experience in OSHA, DOT, EPA and FMCSCA regulatory requirements.
- Must have a CDL-A and an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months, pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must have intermediate skills in the following computer program: Microsoft Suite 2010, Power Point and Share Point.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak English, and analyze reports, procedure manuals, interpret general technical procedures, and/or government regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication while building alliances throughout all levels of the organization, including clients and federal regulatory agencies.
- Flexible to work M-F, weekends, including days and nights.
- Must be able to travel 20-30% in the U.S.
- Will work under extreme climates and exposed to all outdoor environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, kneel, stoop, squat, crawl, crouch, reach with hands and arms, climb in and out of truck or ladders, balance and occasional lift or move 75lbs.
- Health/Dental/Vision & Life Insurance after 90- Days of employment
- 401-K- match
- Vacation/ Holiday & Sick Pay
- Presentation Skills: 2 years (Required)
- FMCSA Regulatory Compliance: 3 years (Required)
- OSHA, DOT, EPA: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- ASP or CSP (Preferred)
- CDL Class A (Required)
- United States (Required)
Please email resumes to: email@example.com
C&S Sweeping is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. C&S Sweeping strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
C&S Sweeping will also make reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees and for the sincerely held religious beliefs of applicants and employees depending upon individual circumstances.