Safety Manager – PAC Worldwide
Company Name: PAC Worldwide
Company LocationPhoenix, Arizona, United States
The Safety Manager is responsible for leading, motivating and fostering a safety-conscious culture in the workplace to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident free work environment. This individual will work with the managers and employees to ensure adherence to company policies and regulatory requirements. The Safety Manager is responsible for understanding best practices, recognizing potential hazards, developing necessary resources and communicating the company’s expectations for mitigating hazards. The Safety Manager should have the patience and commitment to work “hands on” to help the entire team understand the company’s commitment to safety and the need to follow the safety programs and should be committed to spending time in the manufacturing facility on a daily basis. The Safety Manager is an integral part of the Plant Management team. Additional responsibilities include providing informational support to all members of internal management team and working effectively to provide support to corporate team members and other PAC locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the team to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies and related policies like OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external communication skills.
- Establishes work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Helps to lead, motivate, and foster a safety-conscious culture in the workplace to reduce incidents and injuries.
- Conducts regular compliance audits and safety inspections of the facility and initiates corrective actions to eliminate hazards and promote a safe work environment.
- Oversees and documents equipment inspections.
- Audits deficiency lists and follows up on repairs.
- Reviews injury/illness and non-injury accident investigation reports.
- Leads all safety-related investigations, and follows up as necessary.
- Supervises emergency response and evacuation procedures and corresponding practice drills.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency regarding safe work practices.
- Reviews and maintains records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures.
- Participates effectively in team initiatives either as a leader or as a supporter.
- Budgets and plans for fiscal accounting year.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Provides innovative safety solutions and ideas.
- Has the patience to work “hands on” to help the entire team understand the company’s commitment to safety.
- Inspects facility and work environment to detect existing or potential accident or health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures.
- Assists with safety programs through Worker’s Compensation Insurance program to ensure the lowest possible premiums.
- Identifies company safety training needs, develops, and implements safety-training programs.
- Interprets and instills a strong safety philosophy to key personnel in organization and builds safety culture within the company.
- Coordinates objectives with safety procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize a safe working environment and minimize accidents.
- Performs audits periodically to insure the plant is operating in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Maintain safety files and records.
- Mentors Safety Committee.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety/related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of safety leadership in a manufacturing environment required
- Strong OSHA background required
- Direct hands-on safety experience with a comprehension knowledge of safety concepts
- Safety program development and administration preferred
- Must have ability to read, write and understand English
- Must be able to understand reports and correspondence
- Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups
- The position must be capable of performing all types of business-related mathematics.
- Advanced reasoning skills with the ability to deal with problems involving several variables in multiple types of situations required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and be willing to complete additional training.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Arizona driver’s license required
- OSHA 30 Hour Training and OSHA 500 Hour Training strongly preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, sit and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to bend or stoop as necessary