Safety Manager – Arizona Labor Force
Arizona Labor Force, is looking for an experienced Safety Manager to join our corporate team and help us minimize the risk of job-related injuries. We have been in business since 1985 and are the largest on demand temporary Staffing Service in Arizona with a focus on servicing the light industrial and construction industries.
This is a full-time position that will require you to monitor jobsite operations to identify and eliminate hazardous activities. You will also help develop policies and promote occupational safety and health (OSH) awareness. Safety managers should have a good understanding of OSHA requirements in general industry and construction. Your work will be focused on prevention, so you need to be diligent and analytical. You will possess a keen eye for detail and a sensitivity for potential hazards.
The goal is to prevent workplace injuries by providing a safe and healthy work environment.
- Identify, minimize, and manage workplace hazards
- Develop, implement, and maintain complex multi-branch safety programs
- Keep records of safety-related incidents and propose corrective actions
- Collaborate with client companies to monitor compliance and identify safety issues
- Work with client companies to reduce injuries and provide a safe employment environment
- Identify and develop protocols to enhance worker safety
- Conduct jobsite visits to foster safety compliance and establish culture
- Investigate incidents
- Revise and update safety training materials – videos & monthly emphasis topic posters
- Facilitate quarterly Safety Committee meetings with staffing branches
- Train new Staffing Coordinators to facilitate safety discussions with temporary workers about hazards they will be exposed to at job sites
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (a combination of education and experience may be substituted)
- Proven experience as safety manager or similar position
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA guidelines and practices
- OSHA 500 and/or ATSSA trainer certification preferred
- Construction background/experience preferred
- Experience in analyzing various safety related data sets
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication and advisory skills
- Diligent with an analytical mind
- Valid Arizona driver’s license with no more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents in the past recent 3 years
- 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision Discount Program, Life Insurance, and PTO
- Dress Code – Business Casual
It is the policy of our Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace; perform pre-employment drug testing and conduct a background investigation. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of the background investigation.