Safety Coordinator – Pro Em Event Services
Job Title: Safety Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Job Summary: The Safety Coordinator is responsible for developing corporate safety programs and objectives and coordinates safety training programs. Monitors safety regulations to ensure compliance with federal and state safety regulations.
- Create and implement safety plans while ensuring that they are being followed daily
- Conduct safety observation reports on a regular basis, depending on the length of the project
- Attend safety walks and inspections before or during each project to analyze safety risks
- Educate employees on safety standards and expectations as well as safe machinery operation
- Provide recommendations for improving safety in the workplace
- Reviews injury/illness and noninjury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
- Maintain documentation of the company’s safety procedures, accidents and related events
- Act as a liaison between management and external safety agencies, such as fire and insurance personnel
- Reviews safety committee meeting minutes and safety inspection reports and follows up as necessary.
- Participates in company occupational safety committee.
- Reviews process-operating procedures/records and provides input for safety considerations.
- Promotes safety awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
- Maintains corporate safety library (e.g., videos, regulations, reference manuals).
- Supports warehouse personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Develops annual company safety goals.
- POC for Safety Committee
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentation
- OSHA Training Program Certification.
- Understanding of federal, state and city safety requirements, including OSHA
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time while meeting deadlines
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees and project managers
- Understanding of how to read blueprints and other construction plans preferred in some fields
- Leadership skills, such as the ability to motivate a team and provide feedback