Lead Health & Safety Analyst – Freeport McMoRan
Title: Lead Health & Safety AnalystRequisition ID: 2369Location:
Phoenix, AZ, US, 85004-2121
Category: Health & Safety
Description: Under minimal supervision; Analyzes, evaluates existing or proposed systems, implements, integrates, monitors and optimizes DOHS strategies, processes, systems and methodologies to support global operations, corporate objectives and initiatives. Acts as a Lead Analyst regarding strategy implementation and process improvements through appropriate communication, education/training, and change management activities. Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis, and submits recommendations for solutions.
- Design system modifications and components to meet business requirements when delivered functionality does not.
- Lead system selection process including requirements gathering, fit gap analysis and recommendation to business owner.
- Serve as project manager working with MIS to prepare scope and definition documents, project plan and execution.
- Identify and evaluate alternative solutions to defined problems and recommend the most appropriate course of action.
- Recommend and oversee process changes to ensure system integration and business alignment including review and approval of user acceptance testing.
- Oversee the work performed by Sr. Health & Safety Analysts, providing guidance and expertise.
- Plays a critical role in strategic process management and leading teams from multiple departments and external consultants to complete projects.
- Research and recommend management techniques, best practices and strategies.
- Create standardized processes and reporting. Develops transparency of data for measuring and improving business performance.
- Actively participate in the development of safety staff through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Serve as liaison between DOHS owners and IT staff.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Information Systems or closely related field or equivalent education/experience and,
- At least seven (7) years of progressive experience in managing and administering enterprise level software applications including at least five (5) years of experience with project and vendor management.
- Knowledge of standard safety metrics and familiarity with regulatory aspects of such
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven ability to manage projects to time and budget constraints
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new applications and business challenges
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written
- Skill in successfully completing delegated projects of advanced complexity
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions. Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Experience with Health & Safety systems such as TapRoot, ComplyPlus, Cority, Enablon, Intelex, or other systems for incident management, root cause analysis, inspections, audits , operational risk assessment, fatigue management, etc.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with the agile project methodology a plus
Criteria and Conditions
- Position is in a busy, non-smoking office located in Phoenix, AZ
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by an elevator and internal staircase
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, hear, see, and talk.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.