Internship Summer 2020 – Rummel Construction
2020 Health and Safety Intern for Heavy Civil Construction Projects
What makes Rummel Construction, Inc. different?
Rummel Construction, Inc. is a heavy civil general contractor in Scottsdale, Arizona, specializing in mass excavation and grading. We have been providing earth-moving services to the Southwest, United States since 1996. Unlike other heavy civil contractors, we diversify in a broad range of markets including mining, landfills, golf courses, residential, CMAR/JOC, wind and energy, recreation, flood control, and transportation. With over 300 pieces of equipment and approximately 50 jobs on our construction schedule, we aren’t like the rest.
Putting Safety First
We are dedicated to delivering safe, innovative solutions to our clients by means of our experienced and committed management team. Safe Production” is a rule that we live by, as we believe that safety and production are not two separate processes but two essential elements of the same process where production is completed safely, on time, and on budget. Our Safety Program has consistently maintained favorable ratings while helping to minimize costly project disruptions. Voted one of America’s Safest Companies to work for, we constantly “think safety, work safely”.
Looking for a Hands-on Summer Internship?
Rummel Construction, Inc. is searching for an outgoing student to shadow our Safety Manager and Safety Officers, as a summer intern for our Health and Safety Department. The ideal candidate is passionate about living out our strong safety culture, and ensuring Rummel’s rules and regulations are being obeyed. This safety sensitive position requires you to support the project Superintendents and sub-contractors, assisting with safety training, meetings, audits, evaluations, and administrative duties. The majority of your summer will be spent in the field, gaining experience on our exciting heavy civil projects throughout Maricopa County. Are you observant and constantly wanting to learn more? This job is calling your name.
- Monitor worksites frequently throughout the day to ensure compliance with Rummel’s Safety, Health, and Environmental Compliance programs
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improvements in our Safety and Health Program
- Coordinate and participate in daily/weekly safety meetings and worksite inspections
- Assist with coordinating and facilitating all Pre-Construction Safety Planning Meetings, acting as a resource for field operations and subcontractors with compliance on Federal (OSHA) and state as well as local safety and health regulations
- Create and review all project safety and environmental plans and documentation (EAP, SWPPP, JHA, Inspection Checklists, etc.)
- Assist in jobsite incident and accident investigations
- Conduct risk assessments and enforce preventative measures, constantly following up and tracking corrections to deficiencies
- Any other safety related duties
What Else to Expect
The typical work schedule is Monday Friday, day shift. Hours are dependent on time of year. Summer hours can start as early as 5:30AM. Overtime is permitted, but not guaranteed. Lastly, reliable transportation is a must to travel to job sites. We offer an excellent work environment including competitive pay, summer lodging stipend (location dependent), and the potential for full-time position.
Characteristics of a Great Candidate
To be considered for the internship, you will need to be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college/university’s Safety Sciences, Safety Management, or comparable Occupational Health and Safety program. This role requires that you be physically able to work outside in a variety of weather conditions in a fast-paced environment. You must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license at the start of the internship, which is anticipated to be mid May – early June 2020. Rummel Construction is a drug free environment. The position is contingent on a pre-employment drug test and background check.
How to Apply and Other Information:
Are you passionate about guiding and helping others to be as safe as possible? Do you think our company fits you? For more details and to apply online, visit our website at https://www.RummelConstruction.com/jobs