HSE Summer Intern – Honeywell
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
JOIN A TEAM RECOGNIZED FOR LEADERSHIP, INNOVATION AND DIVERSITY
Honeywell is a high-performing, global business with an array of technologies that are changing the world for the better. Join an organization that demonstrates a proactive health and safety management system, combined with strong employee engagement and an environment that fosters continuous improvement.
Our Honeywell HSE internship is an ideal way to gain hands on experience. You will have the opportunity to apply what you have learned in school and watch it come to life through project work at one of the most dynamic companies within the Aerospace industry. With opportunities to expedite your knowledge of the business, you will develop innovative solutions to real challenges and build your network. Our 12-week experience offers our interns the chance to deliver value-add solutions that have a direct impact on our business.
This intern position is responsible for supporting and facilitating the implementation of health, safety and environmental programs in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements. Required background and skills for this position include HSE related coursework and a passion to work in the health, safety and environmental field. This position reports directly to the HSE&F Site Leader.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for a variety of HSE programs, activities and initiatives
- Assist with site HSE audit preparation through self-assessment and field activities
- Interact with various levels of management to achieve internship objectives.
- Completion of project(s) that can directly impact employee health and safety, provide process improvement, cost savings, waste minimization, or other program enhancements to be presented to Honeywell leaders at the conclusion of the internship program.
- Learn about and then maintain HSE program documentation.
- Completion of Junior year (Graduation dates between December 2020-August 2021) in health, safety, environment, industrial hygiene, or environmental sustainability.
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer, project management, and organizational skills required.
- *Candidate must be available from mid May 2020 into August 2020 to meet the internship commitment (12 weeks).
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
- JOB ID: HRD78690
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: 1944 E Sky Harbor Circle,Phoenix,Arizona,85034,United States
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.