Field Safety Support Manager – OnTrac
Everything we do at OnTrac is guided by our mission statement – “OnTrac will be the best choice for small-package shippers by providing an exceptional service experience with every package, every day.”
At OnTrac, Safety is our #1 priority; without healthy and happy team members we cannot deliver our packages on time for our customers. As our business grows, so does our team and the need to add to our Field Safety Support team. We have 2 Field Safety Manager openings at OnTrac in Phoenix, AZ, and either Hayward or Stockton, CA. There is travel involved for both positions.
What you’ll do as a Field Safety Support Manager:
Partnering with HR and the leadership team, your primary responsibility will be to manage the field safety programs including; facility safety/security audits, safety program evaluations, safety training, accident investigations.
What you can expect on a day to day basis as our next Field Safety Manager
- Provide leadership and direction to building leadership and safety/security team in the implementation of organizational practices to drive a culture and mindset of continuous improvement.
- Manage facility safety/security audits, provides compliance guidance and support.
- Communication of safety/security concerns or compliance issues with local management.
- When immediate hazards are identified, Field Support Safety Manager will use the hazard as a Teachable Moment with all affected employees and buildings.
- Perform scheduled facility visits to audit company policies and programs to include: safety/security compliance, training, orientation, forklift and electric pallet jack operation / license verification, hazmat, safety committee and procedural compliance.
- Provide content and expertise for training, development of awareness program materials, safety huddle topics and monthly safety teachable moments.
- Review completed facility investigative reports for all employee work injuries, incidents and general liability cases to determine root cause and corrective actions to be taken.
- Lead Monthly Workers Compensation/Employee Accident Review Committee.
- Perform any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the organization.
- Lead and facilitate external government agencies visits and inspections. ie OSHA,CUPA, ETC.
What you need to be successful as our next Field Safety Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five years related experience safety, security, operations, loss prevention and management; or equivalent combination of both education and specific work experience.
- Former investigations background (four wall experience) Wickland training highly preferred
- A valid driver’s license and ability to fly
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions at all levels of the company.
- MS Word and PowerPoint skills to train team members
- A broad knowledge of rules, regulations, and guidelines relating to safety.
- Ability to create and implement programs and processes that improve the safety of all employees.
OnTrac is a rising star in our industry. We’d love to tell you more about this great opportunity if you’d like to be a part of that success! Choose one of the links below to apply for the position and we will contact you.
To apply for the Phoenix, AZ based Field Safety Manager position – Click here to Apply Now!!!
To apply for the Fremont or Stockton, CA based Field Safety Manager position – Click here to Apply Now!!!