Banda Group – Safety Officer
Banda Group International is seeking a safety officer to support our growing portfolio. This position is responsible for Safety and Environmental programs and compliance within government regulations. The ideal candidate will be familiar with government regulations pertaining to Environmental and Safety regulations and best industry practice. This position will be located on our clients site in Chandler, AZ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safety/environmental compliance for OSHA
- Provide daily health and safety support
- Conducts accident investigations and incident analysis to determine underlying causes and develop recommendations
- Responsible for making recommendations for compliance with OSHA regulations
- Maintains regulatory compliance policies
- Conduct safety walk downs and update hazard checklists and risk assessments accordingly
- Effectively work with site’s industrial hygiene and safety personnel to conduct exposure assessments to monitor potential hazard exposures
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Science, Industrial Health & Safety, Environmental Management or the equivalent fields preferred
- Broad knowledge of safety and environmental laws and practices.
- Three to five years’ experience in Safety and/or Environmental Management.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of safety administration
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills