APS – Manager, Safety Transmission and Distribution
You have high expectations for yourself and your career.
So does APS.
Imagine what we will achieve together.
You could have a powerful future with APS!
Arizona Public Service (APS) is leading the way toward an energy future that is cleaner, more reliable and sustainable. With $3.3 billion in annual revenue and nearly 7,000 employees, APS is the largest electric utility in Arizona, serving 1.1 million customers. We are the principal subsidiary of publicly traded Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (NYSE:PNW). Our generation fleet includes natural gas, nuclear, coal and growing renewable technologies.
Manager, Safety Transmission and Distribution
Job # 20190166 • Phoenix, AZ
As part of the APS team, you are important to the success and future of our organization. APS offers highly competitive and valuable benefits, many at no cost to you.
- Some of the benefits include: Retirement, Health and Wealth Benefits / Paid Time Off to ensure Work -Life Balance and many Training Programs that supports career and personal enrichment.
- Be a part of a unique industry at APS and experience being a part of #keepingarizonaon
- As the Safety Manager you will be managing the department in an efficient and professional manner to successfully implement Safety programs in compliance with federal, state and local regulations. You will develop the strategic direction for improving safe work behaviors and practices and develop and anchor a safety work culture in both frontline and leadership.
- You will be interacting with both frontline employees and leaders to recognize and challenge work practices and behaviors to maintain a safety conscience work environment.
- The Safety Manager also integrates the safety standards, requirements and practices in other related programs and activities to ensure consistent safe work practices and achieve the overall desired result.
- This is a lead role and you will develop individuals and teams by using people management processes and tools that involve staffing, training, supervising, and coaching and performance management to achieve optimal performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational/Industrial Safety, Loss Risk Management, Physical Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies or Business plus eight (8) years job related safety experience, of which three (3) years shall be supervision/management; or HS/GED plus ten (10) years job related experience, of which three (3) years shall be supervision/management.
- Job related experience must be directly related to environmental, health, and/or safety profession, maintenance, project/work management, operations, engineering or emergency services.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with all levels of personnel and other departments.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy’s Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, “U.S. Export Control Laws”). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Candidates interested in this opportunity, please go to: www.aps.com/careers – search job # 20190166
Alternate Application Options:
These options are reserved for use by individuals with disabilities. Information received via these options will be routed to specialists who will provide appropriate assistance to these individuals to ensure that their data is entered into the APS online application. These specialists will not have access to existing profiles in the APS online application process and will not be able to provide any application status updates.
If you have a condition that hinders your ability to apply online, please choose one of the alternate options to submit your expression of interest in a position with APS: Call us at 602-250-2101
Mail Your Resume and Letter of Interest to:
Attn: Talent Acquisition
400 North 5th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
AA/EO Employer by Choice:
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Visit our website today for more information!