Job Title: Safety Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Pay Range: $75-$85k annually
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for developing corporate safety programs and objectives and coordinates safety training programs. Monitors safety regulations to ensure compliance with federal and state safety regulations.
- Create and implement safety plans while ensuring that they are being followed daily
- Conduct safety observation reports on a regular basis, depending on the length of the project
- Attend safety walks and inspections before or during each project to analyze safety risks
- Educate employees on safety standards and expectations as well as safe machinery operation
- Provide recommendations for improving safety in the workplace
- Act as a liaison between management and external safety agencies, such as fire and insurance personnel
- Reviews safety committee meeting minutes and safety inspection reports and follows up as necessary.
- Participates in company occupational safety committee.
- Reviews process-operating procedures/records and provides input for safety considerations.
- Promotes safety awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
- Maintains corporate safety library (e.g., videos, regulations, reference manuals).
- Supports warehouse personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Develops annual company safety goals.
- POC for Safety Committee
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentation
- OSHA Training Program Certification.
- Understanding of federal, state and city safety requirements, including OSHA
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time while meeting deadlines
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees and project managers
- Understanding of how to read blueprints and other construction plans preferred in some fields
- Leadership skills, such as the ability to motivate a team and provide feedback
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Interested applicants can contact: