Atlas is a nationwide leader in civil engineering, materials testing and geotechnical consulting services for environmental, industrial and infrastructure construction projects. Headquartered in Austin, TX, Atlas currently has over 3,500 employees in offices throughout the US. It’s no accident that Atlas creates a better experience for infrastructure and environmental projects. It’s how we are built – with the best people in the industry, with the reach and expertise to help at any and every step of the project, and with a heart-led approach that puts quality and safety at the center of everything we do. We’re just built to be better. We are a great company. Come join us!
Atlas is looking for an experienced Regional Safety Coordinator to support our West Region.
This position can sit in any of the following offices: Denver, CO; Tempe, AZ; Boise, ID; Redmond, WA; Portland, OR or Salt Lake City, UT.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acts as the technical H&S resource for their Region.
- Reviews all incident reports in the Region and when needed leads the investigation of an incident.
- Actively participates in the overall planning process for improvement of the H&S Program, through input to annual Plans & Objectives.
- Serves as the primary resource in the Region when new H&S initiatives are launched, to help offices in their Region understand the requirements, the benefits of implementation, and the steps in full implementation.
- Conducts safety audits of offices and project sites in the Region.
- Assists in the development of specific documents needed at the office and project site, such as Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Emergency Action Plans, and Health & Safety Plans (HASPs).
- Provides H&S training to employees in the Region.
- Ensures offices in the Region are in compliance with Federal and State H&S regulations, local and corporate H&S programs and client specific H&S requirements.
- Implements proactive H&S programs designed to reduce employee injury rates.
- Assist the local Branch Safety Officers in reviewing site safety plans as needed.
- Verifies that each office is aware of, and complies with established procedures for reporting job related incidents, injuries, and illnesses.
- Provides direct input on areas where safety performance should be improved, and provides recommendations on methods for making such improvements.
- Provides other services as requested by the Director of Health and Safety.
- BS in Safety, Environmental Studies, Engineering or similar
- 4 to 6 years of experience in a safety position
- Prefer a CSP/CIH or the ability to obtain the designation within 2 years
- Strong knowledge of 29 CFR 1910 and 29 CFR 1926
Other miscellaneous qualities:
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
- Ability to drive change within an organization
- Positive flexible team-oriented approach with the ability to work with all levels of management and skill levels of employees
- Detail oriented, resourceful
- Self-motivated, strong initiative; effective oral and written skills
- Solid time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks and projects with tight deadlines
ATLAS EEOC Statement
Atlas is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Atlas makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our EEO Policy: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf