Highlights of the job
We are hiring a Senior Specialist, Health & Safety to work at one of our multiple Phoenix metro area locations. This individual will oversee multiple safety management systems which support our growing Health & Safety program for EPCOR US Operations. Additionally, this individual will be responsible to develop, design, evaluate, and implement operational safety training and educational programs that meet OSHA general industry safety regulations, enhance the safety and health of EPCOR employees and contractors, and minimize the Company’s exposure to loss.
What you’d be responsible for
- Plan, develop, deliver and track educational training programs that help grow and improve the safety process within EPCOR and reduce the frequency and severity of claims associated with workplace injuries and accidents; conduct training needs analysis to assist in determining direction of program development.
- Complete entries & Run daily reports through the Oracle training system platform.
- Track health and safety trainings and document training gaps for all employees.
- Compile, analyze and interpret data related to safety training and performance to measure the effectiveness of existing programs on achieving targeted goals.
- Maintain, manage, collect, compile and track health, safety & risk management metric spreadsheets and database program.
- Develop summary reports for monthly injury and incident data reporting.
- Manage the DOT Compliance Program and ensure accurate and up-to-date information is provided through JJ Keller commercial driver services platform. Research and understand new and changing federal, state, and local OSHA, DOT, and other safety regulations to determine if additional training or compliance measures or initiatives are needed; develop, coordinate and deliver programs as necessary.
- Conduct safety audits and inspections to identify hazards and deficiencies that expose the company to loss or failure to comply with regulatory requirements. Provide recommendations for resolution to management and assist in facilitating corrective actions.
- Serve as a key resource in accident/claim investigation and claims management; make training recommendations to prevent reoccurrences.
- Complete reporting and maintain physical & automated safety records and associated metrics for safety performance (i.e. TRIF and LTIF).
What’s required to be successful
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience.
- 4-7 years of full-time general industry health & safety experience.
- Experience conducting safety and classroom facilitation training, and experience developing PowerPoint and multi-media online training programs.
- Working knowledge & experience with OSHA and DOT compliance programs and regulations.
- Basic understanding of health & safety principles, procedures, practices and techniques.
- Experience conducting safety audits, Job Hazard Assessments, injury & incident investigations.
- Recognized occupational safety certification (OHST, ASP, CUSA, etc.) certification preferred. IT (Information Technology) certification or experience highly desirable.
- Advanced to expert level Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills. SharePoint experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to assess health & safety hazards and make sound recommendations for appropriate hazard reduction & control.
- Basic knowledge & understanding of technical health & safety programs to include industrial hygiene, fire prevention and accident investigation, root cause analysis (RCA), ANSI standards and NFPA.
- Strong organizational, communication, problem & conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to present information or respond to inquiries from management and employees of all levels.
- Thorough understanding of safety technologies.
Other important facts about this job
As an EPCOR employee, you will enjoy a variety of benefits such as a competitive salary, an incentive award program, an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision and other insurance coverage, retirement plan with substantial company contribution, generous time-off schedules, training opportunities, tuition reimbursement, and certification support. We’ve been voted as a Best Places to Work employer and we value the safety of each of our team members through our robust safety training and celebration of safety milestones.
Headquartered in Phoenix, EPCOR USA owns, operates and builds water, wastewater and natural gas infrastructure and is among the largest private water utilities in the Southwest. EPCOR USA is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of EPCOR Utilities Inc. We invest in and look after our communities and the environment. We’re proud of the work we do and the people we hire to do it.