Loss Control Consultant (AZ)
Job Category: Underwriting
Requisition Number: LOSSC002470
- Posted: June 29, 2022
West Bend Mutual Insurance Company is looking for a Loss Control Consultant to join our growing team. This field-based position will work from their home in Arizona.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct onsite calls for the purpose of providing service to existing accounts
- Conduct onsite calls for the purpose of completing risk assessments of prospective accounts
- Provide verbal and written correspondence to underwriting; consult with underwriters to determine risk acceptability
- Work with agents to foster and develop relationships and to secure new business
- Facilitate training presentations with policyholder employees, leadership and owners, as well as, agency partners, associations and other large groups
- Effectively analyze risk exposures, loss trends and effectiveness of safety controls and develop recommendations and service plans designed to reduce loss frequency
The successful candidate will be able to work independently, scheduling appointments with assigned accounts, completing required documentation and implementing safety best practices to reduce losses. The candidate will be organized, detailed and personable – being able to interact successfully with laborers, business owners, underwriters and agents.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in safety, loss control or related field
- Demonstrated experience servicing large/complex accounts of various classes of business with little guidance and shows the ability to successfully address and reduce loss drivers
- Demonstrates ability to take on advanced projects, engage with internal and external peers to solve problems, attend professional development conferences and/or is involved with professional associations to expand their expertise
- Previous experience working for/with a multi-line insurance carrier
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven interpersonal, presentation, marketing, oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving, critical thinking, active listening, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Valid driver’s license required
Preferred Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Loss Control, Risk Management, Safety or related field
- Designation in safety, health or insurance (ARM, CRM, CIC, CFPS, etc.)
In a competitive market for top talent, what sets West Bend apart?
- We are a mutual insurer. We offer stability and continued growth.
- We reward for performance – both at the personal and company level.
- Our leadership team will help ensure your success by partnering with you every step of the way. From training and development to tools and resources, your success is our success.
If this sounds like the opportunity and company you have been looking for to advance your career, then apply today.