About the job
We are seeking a Risk Control Client Services Specialist for our Sompo North America team in our US Remotely office (Western US preferably).
Sompo North America provides a client-centric service approach by offering comprehensive multi-line capabilities. Taking a holistic approach to risk management, the unit offers commercial property, primary casualty (general liability, commercial auto, workers’ compensation), lead umbrella, and environmental coverages, as well as parametric natural catastrophe products to small, middle-market and large accounts across target industry verticals in the U.S., Mexico and Canada. Sompo also offers the same level of sophisticated services and coverages to Asian-interest accounts in the U.S. and Mexico.
This role is responsible for completing quality Risk Control Services evaluations of both property and casualty coverages for middle market risks. The person completes desk top reviews, surveys prospective accounts, provides service to existing clients and supports our middle market underwriting strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes surveys of middle market risks
- Conducts research and data collection which helps to identify customer’s source of risk, loss and costs.
- Compiles facts from on-site visits and various reports and databases to assess existing processes/practices, determine severity/frequency of problems, and identify needs.
- Assesses and benchmarks customers performance against internal and industry standards.
- Actively participates in acquiring new business by presenting proposals to potential insureds.
- Evaluates basic fire protection systems
- Provides outstanding service to clients
- Collaborate with the other technical specialists and the management staff to promote the very best quality of analysis and service
- Recommend the Sending out of Alerts to staff and clients on issues of timely importance including a recommended plan of action that has underwriting and marketing approval
- Promoting Sompo International’s expertise in the marketplace by attending conferences and participating in industry organizations
Desired Skills & Experience
- A four-year college degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years-experience in insurance loss control
- ASP, ARM or other related certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills that include the ability to influence others without having a direct reporting relationship
- A self-starter who can initiate and complete a project with minimal supervision
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to walk and stand for 2 or more hours
- Ability to safely climb ladders and stand at elevated positions
- Ability to safely lift 15 pounds from ground level to over head
- Capable of working in warm and cold environments.
- Ability to travel by air/vehicle
- Valid Driver’s License
Sompo International offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Sompo International is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Visit our website at www.sompo-intl.com