Insure Compliance is seeking a bilingual English and Spanish speaking safety specialist to join our growing safety consulting team in the phoenix valley. The Safety Specialist will be responsible for helping Insure Compliance obtain its vision of creating a safe work environments for each of our clients. This will be done by creating policies and manuals, training on safe practices, and inspecting or auditing buildings and jobsites.
The role of a Speaking Safety Specialist is important to Insure Compliance. Our goal is to help companies decrease injuries by assisting companies create a positive safety culture. So our staff are out helping companies every single day.
- Provides services and consulting in Spanish and English to best protect everyone we work with.
- Travel regularly to Tucson to audit buildings, inspect jobsites and provide trainings.
- Provide regular jobsite and building inspections to help a variety of clients know how they can improve their safety culture
- Train regularly on different safety promoting topics to both General Industry and Construction companies.
- Create customized policies and manuals to companies.
- Translate safety trainings from English to Spanish.
- Obtain and maintain various Safety certifications such as, Fork lift, CPR First Aid and AED, OSHA 30
- Learn to help assist in clients safety meetings, the development of site safety plans, and helping with incidents.
- Bilingual Spanish and English – Must be able to communicate in both fluently and must translate between the two.
- Safety Knowledge – should be familiar with OSHA, and loss control practices and regulations.
- Occupational Knowledge – should be familiar with civil construction sites as well as maintenance and grounds work.
- Technical Capabilities – Must be familiar with modern computer and communication systems.
- Communication Proficiency – Must be comfortable public speaking for hours on end in training and meeting formats, detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize.
- Virtual Work Ability – must be able to work independently and create a schedule based on risk and logistical practicability.
- Problem Solving – must be able to resolve basic issues on their own.
Required Education and Experience
- Fluent in both Spanish and English.
- Working knowledge of construction means and methods
- Working knowledge of safety and loss control application
- OSHA 30 Required
Preferred Education, Experience and Abilities
- OSHA 510, OSHA 500
- First Aid/ CPR Train the Trainer
- Fork lift experience
- Jobsite and Construction training experience
- Starting salary of 50,000 to 60,000 depending on experience level
- Company contributed Health Insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- Accruing PTO
Employment is conditional on satisfactorily completing all pre-employment requirements. Starting salary depends upon prior work skills and experience.