Are you a fit? Are you an innovative thinker? Are you a good collaborator? Do you have a strong attention to detail and like solving problems? Do you want to make a difference in the Safety & Well Being of others?
In support of Humana’s goal of promoting lifelong well-being, the EH&S Consultant supports the
successful delivery and oversight of EH&S processes including:
- Verifies compliance with EHS regulations through inspection and evaluation of the environment, equipment and processes in work areas to ensure compliance EHS regulations and industry standards.
- Provides subject matter expert support in identifying and resolving critical safety regulatory issues.
- Leads site management team in the performance of thorough and objective accident investigations for all accidents and near miss occurrences, analyze injury trends, and coordinate corrective actions.
- Implements and audits OSHA, EPA and DOT programs and policies as well as local and state programs and policies.
- Participates or leads incident reporting and investigations, including Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Oversees the coordination of ERT/Safety Meetings and Site-Specific Training.
- Provides support and subject matter expertise that ensures appropriate environmental health and safety systems and resources are in place.
- Advises facility management of safety & security matters.
- Leads implementation and monitoring of programs that will ensure facility environmental compliance with applicable Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Coordinates emergency response programs and training for assigned facilities.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial practices.
- Provides oversight of safety programs and systems including, OSHA compliance, Safety Committees, Emergency Response Teams, Audit Reports and Life Safety Systems.
- Maintains site OSHA 300 log and associated reporting to governmental agencies.
- Ensures applicable corporate and site-specific EHS programs are effectively implemented in a timely manner.
- Provides administrative support for web-based safety systems.
Primary domain specialties include: Associate Safety, Environmental Safety and Emergency
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. You can be a broker and consultant regarding resources.
- You engage people in problem solving without taking over.
- Accountable: You meet clearly stated expectations and take responsibility for achieving results.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at working independently, organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Collaborates: You engage others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana’s overall success first.
- Executes For Results: You effectively leverage resources to create exceptional outcomes, embrace change and constructively resolve barriers and constraints.
- At least 5 years of experience in EHS (including forklift safety)
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety-related field
- Environmental experience (e.g. SPCC, Pollution Prevention, and Hazardous Waste Plans)
- Ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team
- Master’s degree in related field (e.g. Environmental Safety, OSH, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, etc.) preferred
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- ASP or GSP Certification
Reporting Relationships – Reports to Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
Send resumes to: Dr. Lori Ridgeway firstname.lastname@example.org