Health and Safety Coach
Full Time Technical
Gilbert, AZ, US
4 days ago Requisition ID: 1078APPLY
As a privately held family enterprise, Silent-Aire has been designing and manufacturing Custom HVAC and CRAC systems for over 20 years. We specialize in the Healthcare, Industrial and Data Center markets.
Silent-Aiire is seeking to fill the role of Health and Safety Coach, 1st Shfit to provides guidance and assistance to the shop floor employees, supervisors and managers within all departments of the organization. This position shall be responsible for promoting a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors, customers and visitors. The Safety Coach will implement plans based on recent safety audit results and will ensure that our Health and Safety management system is implemented to meet legislation requirements. Responsibilities will include training employees in health and safety management best practices, assisting with hazard identification and control, development of safe work procedures, identifying, developing and delivering safety training, providing day-to-day guidance and expert advice.
• Demonstrates leadership and provides direction to line management regarding the development and implementation of the organizations health and safety management system.
• Provides on floor guidance and mentorship to line management regarding safe work practices and behaviors.
• Completion of Hazard and Risk Assessments.
• Incident investigation management including the identification of Root Cause Analysis and the suggestion of Corrective and Preventative actions.
• Management of occupational injury claims including return to work planning.
• Management OSHA 300-300A logs.
• Performs audits on the organizations Health and Safety Management System
• Maintains records of employee safety training, and the efficacy of the programs.
• Plan, organize, implement, oversee, and provide technical assistance for projects to resolve safety issues and reduce the risk of injury and occupational illness.
• Keep abreast of latest development in the field of OSHA management systems by reviewing of technical publications, attending technical conferences or professional society meetings, and discussion with industry representatives.
• Provide technical health and safety informational support for employees and management.
• Identify company safety issues and create appropriate solutions.
• Coordinate with management/Human Resources to ensure that unsafe employee behavior is corrected.
• Work with new products and procedures to identify potential issues and ensure ongoing safety.
• Circulate health and safety awareness materials.
• Communication is primarily internal to the USA management team, hourly workforce and front office staff but also includes regular communication with the Canadian Operations team and Global Health and Safety Manager.
• External contacts potentially include representing Silent-Aire with auditors and regulatory representatives, customers and vendors
• Industrial plant environment on shop floor at least 75% of time.
• Travel as necessary.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Health and Safety or equivalent education and experience required.
• A professional designation such as (CSP, CRSP, CHSO, NCSO or CHSC) would be an asset
• OSHA 500 and 501 Certified would be an asset.
• Must have 5+ years of related Health and Safety work experience.
• State Driver’s License required.
• Strong knowledge of current OSHA Laws and Regulations.
• Strong knowledge of state Environmental Laws and Regulations.
• Familiar with ISO 14001 and OSHA 18001
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
• Effective people skills, including negotiation and influence without authority.
• Experience in the gathering and compilation of Health and Safety data, and repot preparation.
• Inductive reasoning to create workplace safety resolutions.
• Ability to write company policies and procedures.
• Ability to identify developmental needs of employees and to provide coaching, mentoring, and other help.
• Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to safety.
• Politically and culturally sensitive.
• Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, local and government safety agencies.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
• Professional appearance and manners.
- Health, dental, vision, Insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off/Sick time off