Trulite Glass and Aluminum Solutions, one of North America’s largest architectural glass and aluminum fabricators and distributors, has an immediate opening for a Safety/Quality Technician at its Phoenix, AZ location. Safety experience is required, but Trulite will train on the Quality requirements of the position. Quality experience is not necessary, but preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for managing the Environmental, Health, and Safety programs related to OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory agencies for the entire plant location. Individual will be tasked with working hand in hand with the plant management to develop and deliver plant safety reports and statistics, and provide leadership and development regarding environmental health and safety matters. Maintenance of reporting structures per OSHA and company standards will also be a major part of job duties, this includes but is not limited to: maintaining of records, development of recordable incident investigation and information for corporate conference calls, development of corrective action plans to prevent reoccurring problems, etc. Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Directs the organization’s safety programs to protect employees and maintain safe working conditions. Facilitates monthly safety committee meeting and develops weekly toolbox talks and monthly safety trainings per OSHA and company’s yearly training structure.
- Formulates and suggests work safety standards.
- Risk prevention areas include hazardous materials exposure, accidents, ergonomic concerns, and other unsafe conditions.
- Meets compliance and reporting requirements of federal or state regulations.
- Performs New Hire Safety Orientations and other safety training and maintains appropriate records.
- Assists with investigations of incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health.
- Assists with risk assessments and site inspections. Coordinates yearly OSHA audits with state and corporate partners.
- Works with management and maintenance to ensure equipment is installed correctly/safely as well as assists with ensuring maintenance of equipment is up to date and scheduled accordingly.
- Writes internal health and safety policies/strategies for the branch as well as delivers branch specific and corporate policy to employees.
- Keeps all environmental tasks up to date per state, federal, and company standards. Applies for permits and does necessary inspections/tests per branch environmental plans. Updates share point site to status of environmental compliance.
- Schedules and ensures yearly emergency action plan drills are scheduled and completed.
- Evaluates and coordinates purchasing of personal protection equipment.
- Coordinates the plant’s safety shoe and prescription eyewear program.
- Continues efforts towards INSHARP and VIPP Certifications for the branch.
The Quality Coordinator r is responsible for conducting testing procedures during fabrication processes to ensure that products comply with branch and ASTM quality standards. Responsibilities for this position include but aren’t limited to:
- Training production staff on quality standards and ensure proper tests and paperwork are completed to meet corporate and ASTM standards.
- Assists management with renewal of all product certifications and organization of record management.
- Implements argon testing procedures in preparation for certification.
- Develops and coordinates layered process audit system for management in compliance with corporate standards.
- Works with management and customer service staff on returned goods from customers and root cause analysis of problems identified.
- Ensures compliance with an internal quality control and process improvement system.
- Communicates internally and externally on any customer quality issues which arise.
- Investigates problems and assist in the development of error proofing. Defines, analyzes, and implements process changes which are permanent.
- Contributes to problem solving and correction action plans.
- B.S. Degree in Safety or equivalent or five years’ experience as a safety professional or a combination of both.
- OSHA 30 preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player.
- Must be able to train other employees effectively.
- Experience working with quality systems is preferred.
Trulite provides an excellent benefit package, including healthcare, dental, and prescription insurances; paid holidays, vacation, and others.