Schuff Steel (a subsidiary of DBM Global), the largest fabrication & erection company in the US, is looking to hire a Plant Safety Manager. This position offers high-visibility, growth opportunities, exciting builds (previous clients include Apple, State Farm Stadium, and Facebook).
Our Employee Value Proposition
Critical to the needs of our facility, the Plant Safety Manager is responsible for the daily functions and operations as they pertain to safety management at the various plants. Their main objective is to eliminate safety risk through the effective implementation of Company policies pertaining to safety.
In return, the Company will offer a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive career move for a long-term period.
Key Performance Objectives (not an all-inclusive list of duties/expectations)
- Implements, and coordinates program to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and associated financial losses.
- Develops accident-prevention and loss-control programs, prepares root cause analysis.
- Conducts safety orientation for all new hire employees.
- Trains employees on site specific hazards, Lockout/Tagout, overhead cranes operation, rigging, confined space, forklifts, electrical, NFPA 70E, fall protection, aerial lifts and conducts toolbox talks as required.
- Maintains current and accurate SDS file for all materials on site.
- Maintains safety compliance within OSHA (in particular; general industry standards and company and client standards).
- Specialized Knowledge required in the following areas: PPE, HAZCOM, Confined Space, JHAs, Lockout/Tagout, NFPA 70E, Overhead Cranes, Powered Industrial Trucks, and Machine Guarding
- Provides technical assistance to supervision on safety related matters.
- Maintains liaison with government agencies such as OSHA, DOT, and EPA along with other regulatory agencies.
- Conducts walk-through inspections of plant facilities, to ensure that plant facilities and other applicable areas
- Five (5) years of related experience as a safety professional in an industrial, commercial, or construction environment.
- MS Office Suite, Bluebeam PDF, Concur
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
*Recruiters* – Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of Schuff Steel. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with Schuff Steel must contact the Human Resources Department at 602-687-1699. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.