Work at the forefront of automotive innovation with ZF, one of the world’s leading automotive suppliers.
Sr. HSE Specialist
Req ID 9656 | OSS Mesa, United States
ZF is seeking a SR HSE Specialist to work in our manufacturing facility in Mesa, Arizona.
- Ensure regulatory and policy safety requirements met through proper design, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of systems. Manage safety programs as assigned.
- Create and coordinate implementation of safety programs for business unit based on regulatory requirements
- Investigate incidents, determine root cause and assist in the formulation of corrective actions.
- Prepare and present reports to senior management.
- Develop Safety procedures
- Data collection and analysis
- Review and critique designs or manufacturing engineer’s work to ensure safety compliance
- Assist in preparation of design criteria (i.e. Ergonomics, Machine Safeguarding, Fire Protection)
- Interpret, communicate and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Develop HSE training materials and deliver both classroom and OJT safety training
- Manage HSE programs and projects
- Develop and approve plans for area of expertise
- Prepare Management of Change (MOC) documentation
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to coordinate complex programs. Ability to manage people without direct supervisory authority.
- Requires technical Bachelor’s degree (engineering or science).
- Requires 3 to 5 years experience in safety compliance or engineering with extensive experience in area of specialization. Prefer experience in manufacturing and/or chemical processing. CSP or CIH is preferred. Experience working at a PSM covered facility and/or an extensive knowledge of fire protection systems is desired.
- Must be able to be respirator certified.
- Must have hand dexterity at moderate speed with accuracy for half of each day. Requires steady, active effort and continuous walking.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work in all areas of the plant.
ZF Mesa Operations screening process includes substance abuse screening test, ATF lifetime background check, and a verification of eligibility for employment. U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident Status Required
Be part of our ZF team as Sr. HSE Specialist and apply now!
To harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to our company.Our company is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with us and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran