HomeServe, a 2020 certified Great Place to Work, provides emergency repair plans which are like roadside assistance for your home. Our vision is to become the first place people turn to for home repairs. With more than 1,800 employees in the US, our incredible growth is fueled by a dynamic team who values collaboration, innovation and delivering exceptional customer service, all while working in a fun and friendly environment. HomeServe is part of a global FTSE100 organization that serves millions of customers in the US, Canada, UK, France, Spain and Japan. Come see why you should work for HomeServe!
Reporting to the SVP, HVAC Operations, the Environmental, Health and Safety Director (EHSM) is responsible for the development, administration, implementation, monitoring and improvement of HomeServe USA’s environmental, health and safety compliance programs, related training programs and initiatives.
- Provide input to Environmental, Health and Safety (H&S) policy, and ensure it is communicated and understood across all US sites
- Provide input to annual EH&S objectives. Communicate, and monitor progress against objectives throughout US organization
- Partner with the corporate legal and finance functions to develop insurance strategies designed to mitigate loss and support defensive legal action
- Keep abreast of new, and changes to, US Regulatory and industry EH&S requirements (including any changes to relevant environmental legislation). Communicate and ensure understanding of these requirements throughout the US businesses
- Ensure that there are adequate documented EH&S processes and procedures in place to address the activities of the businesses. Where practicable, promote that such processes and procedures are common across US locations and take into account HomeServe Group best practice
- Ensure sites are familiar with the requirements of the EH&S policies and that EH&S improvement plans exist to improve overall H&S performance
- Liaise as appropriate with Customers, Regulatory Authorities and other 3rd Parties in matters relating to EH&S performance
- Report US EH&S monthly performance through the HomeServe corporate reporting tool.
- Provide EH&S input to various internal groups
- Communicate widely and effectively within the company to ensure EH&S issues and responsibilities are recognized and addressed by line managers
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, investigated and analyzed in order that the company can learn from the experiences
- Implement an appropriate audit / monitor regime to ensure that the business is operating in line with specified Company, Regulatory and Customer EH&S specified requirements
- Prepare management reports and recommendations concerning the company’s EH&S and environment performance
- Review and disseminate relevant EH&S data / information (including items such as Safety Alerts, Accident Prevention Notices etc.)
- Ensure that adequate EH&S records are maintained Oversee the company’s Workers Compensation program and interface with external insurance providers
- Direct the worker’s compensation, general liability, and motor vehicle claims management process. Partner with external insurance providers and brokers to facilitate efficient claims administration.
- Bachelor Degree in occupational safety or related field
- Seven or more years of experience developing/executing safety programs in the field service and/or construction industry
- Experience dealing with multiple sites.
- Experience in managing claims administration workers compensation programs
- Thorough knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations
- Must have excellent project/program management, communication and computer skills
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels of the organization
- Role could be based out of one of the operating centers (Dallas TX, Northern VA, Cleveland, or our Norwalk CT headquarters. Frequent travel required, so individual needs accessibly to convenient airport; must be able to travel up to 40% of time.
In Return we Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Casual attire throughout the week
- Friendly, open and team oriented work atmosphere
- Excellent benefits including generous medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
HomeServe USA is an equal opportunity employer.